With high-quality internet connectivity options becoming more and more accessible to businesses, the use of SIP Trunks to deliver VoIP has taken over from traditional PSTN, ISDN2 and ISDN30 solutions.
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) is a voice connectivity solution offering a great opportunity for businesses to unlock a number of key benefits including cost savings, mobility, number portability, scalability and enhanced functionality.
In a VoIP solution, your traditional ISDN or PSTN lines – which form the expensive ‘line rental’ part of your phone bill – are replaced with SIP trunks; allowing the concurrent delivery of voice and data services over your internet connection.
If you’re not ready to migrate to a full SIP solution, Fusion are able to offer your business a hybrid deployment with a mixture of traditional ISDN and SIP – if one fails, the other takes over.
Benefits of SIP and VoIP:
- Connect your business with employees, customers and partners in a more efficient and coherent way.
- Quicker and easier to provision new lines and port numbers.
- With voice and data on the same line, you’ll half line rental costs and save around 25% on call costs too. Benefit from free site-to-site calls as well.
- VoIP gives you flexibility; your phone number is tied to an IP address, not a geographic location.
- SIP Trunking provides a voice connectivity solution that has the ability to change with your business – scale lines up or down, quickly and easily to suit your businesses seasonal requirements.
- Improve inbound call handling.
- SIP enables a more comprehensive disaster recovery solution and new business continuity options.